We are fortunate in that we have several of the original plans for All Saints’ Church by Rowand Anderson.
ALL SAINTS' CHURCH South elevation of the second scheme designed by Robert Rowand Anderson, omitting the large tower proposed in the first scheme, for which no drawings survive. This scheme introduces an elegant fleche, or spirelet, above the crossing. The large nave of five bays, as opposed to the three bays as built, would have been very difficult to fit on the site!
ALL SAINTS' CHURCH South elevation of the third and final scheme designed by Robert Rowand Anderson reducing the length of the nave to three bays but introducing an elegant saddle-back roofed tower. This is the scheme that was built and shows the chapel, now St Michael's Chapel, beside the chancel. Due to lack of funds, the tower was never built.
ALL SAINTS' PARSONAGE HOUSE Elevations by Robert Rowand Anderson which are dated 1878 for the new rectory. This drawing was signed by the contractors and shows the foundations and the bell tower that was added in 1875 to the west end of the church. The Rectory was sold by the church in the 1960's and is now Cloisters Bar with flats above.
ALL SAINTS' CHURCH Elevation and details of the proposed extension creating a new Lady Chapel and sacristy to the north of the chancel. These are contract drawing which are signed and dated July 1888, although the additions to this design were not constructed until 1897 when funds allowed.
ALL SAINTS' CHURCH Drawing of West Elevation by Robert Rowand Anderson dated 1875. This scheme was the permanent replacement for the tower. This is contract drawing signed by the contractors. This shows the narthex and the gallery above along with the present entrance and bell tower.